The University of South Wales collaborates with many different
education providers and clients, both in the UK and abroad. Courses
range from short bite-sized modules to Higher Education.
On this page, you can find an outline of the USW services that Higher Education students at partner institutions can typically
access when studying at our Further Education Partner Colleges. Exact provisions can vary, depending on Partnership Agreements. Please treat this page as a guideline only.
Not all Partnership arrangements are the same. In most, but not all cases
, USW takes on the following responsibilities in relation to Partner :
- We’re accrediting the franchised courses, so our academic policies apply. That includes
- Extenuating Circumstances and Fit to Sit policy
- Suspension of Studies
- Academic complaints and appeals
- USW handles quality assurance of
the courses, and handles second-marking, external examiners and award
boards (which finalise grades at the end of the academic year)
- Students on franchised courses can usually access our library's resources.
- Every enrolled student has a USW IT account
- This includes a student email address and cloud storage through Google Apps.
- You can set this up to forward any incoming email to another address if you prefer.
- Your end-of-year results are managed by us
Got any question about USW’s services? Contact the USW Link Officer for your course.
If you don't know who the Link Officer
is, you can find out their name by downloading the USW Master Register of Collaborative Activity
spreadsheet. You'll have to select the "FE Colleges" sheet, and then
find your college and course. Once you know their name, you can search
for their contact details in our staff directory